Fashion and Styling Tips

Fashion and Styling Tips
Be the first to know about the latest fashion trends, celebrity fashion, tips and posh style pieces. Stay updated!

Find Best Restaurants

Find Best Restaurants
This blog include posts about fine dining, restaurant review, cooking and more. Dine with Karence!

Real Estate and Lifestyle

Real Estate and Lifestyle
It's about the Real Estate industry and house designs, interesting luxurious properties, and interior design.

.

.
About real estate, food, travel, fashion and other lifestyle topics

Are You A Risk Taker?

| 21 March 2010
Are you a risk taker? This was a question asked during a job interview. Most of the interviewees, including me looked at the wall in front of us after we heard the question. There were three of us and all are girls. The interviewer is a friendly female who deserved to be smiled upon because she remained cool despite our inability to find the answer to the question. For me, something is brewing inside of us as the room was filled with tension. This is the last question asked and we need to answer the same for consideration to the next stage of the job application. Indeed, are you a risk taker?

Moments later, one interviewee replied, "Yes, I am a risk taker. For the fact that I lived very far away from here, I decided to embark on this journey to join the company for some personal reasons", and the interviewer just nodded. Later on, I managed to gain more hope of giving the right answer just to end the tension. I wonder where the tension started, it is obvious, but within me, there is nothing to fear, nothing to worry. I said "Yes, I am a risk taker. I managed to apply for this job and join this stage of the application process despite the fact that the job position is not within my educational background. At least, I have the courage to learn other things amidst this competitive world". The interviewer asked another question, what other things can you offer for the company? Since it was for me to handle, all eyes are glued at me, I answered, "just the assurance that I will help fulfill the company's visions".

The interviewer did not give any comment on my answer. She suddenly became busy staring at a young girl with tears flowing in her eyes. I noticed that the tension amidst us flew in other direction and it was replaced with curiosity. Why the tears, sweetheart? This could have been the meaning of the interviewer's gaze upon the girl. The girl cried and she was sitting beside me. She blurted out that she badly needed the job in order to survive. She needs to feed her newly-born baby and she was abandoned by the father of her child. Suddenly, I knew then the correct answer of the question, are you a risk taker? However, it was too late, before I could react, the opportunity to attend the next screening process was given to the crying interviewee. I stood up with the other girls and went to Jollibee for a refreshing lunch.  









1 comments:

{ beanizer_05 } at: March 22, 2010 at 2:04 AM said...

well..i will take it if i find a passion for the position and he work itself.

hahaha! tears are really helpful huh..

oh well, i got you an award,,see my instinct site:)

 

Copyright © 2016 My Regency | Business | Law | Real Estate | Lifestyle | Fashion | Travel | My Regency | Karen Ezine

Get your own free Blogoversary button!personal blogs - blogcatalog blog directory