Fashion and Styling Tips

Fashion and Styling Tips
Be the first to know about the latest fashion trends, celebrity fashion, tips and posh style pieces. Stay updated!

Find Best Restaurants

Find Best Restaurants
This blog include posts about fine dining, restaurant review, cooking and more. Dine with Karence!

Real Estate and Lifestyle

Real Estate and Lifestyle
It's about the Real Estate industry and house designs, interesting luxurious properties, and interior design.

.

.
About real estate, food, travel, fashion and other lifestyle topics

Avoiding Pickpockets or Avoiding Hooks

| 01 May 2010
Let me talk about an unforgettable experience about pickpockets. In this place, pickpockets still exist and being extra careful is necessary. When I was a student, I had been a victim of hooks or pickpockets. I did not realize that they appear everywhere especially during paydays. My friends and I walked to the promenade to chat for while when suddenly I feel something is wrong. I turned around to see any clue of danger, but none seemed suspicious. We passed by a famous coffee shop, but before we reached the door, some old friends are watching me in a strange manner. After an hour, I realized that I lost my wallet and my handbag is already half-open. I was then a victim of hungry pickpockets. Here are tips on avoiding dips or hooks.

Do not flash bills or carry loose money in pocket.

Carry wallet in your inside coat pocket (men) or at the bottom of purse (women).

Be suspicious of anyone who jostles you unnecessarily.

If you realize your pockets has been just picked, scream. Hook will usually drop wallet and run.

Remember, the pickpocket depends on your inattention for his success. Be wary of crowds.

Keep large quantities of cash in bank, do not keep it on your person. Remember, the dip or hook will try to distract you while robbing you, covering up his own actions by reading a paper or book. Fairs, crowds, buses, trams and subways are their working ground.

In my case, I realized that when I noticed my old friends were looking at me intently or strangely, they witnessed the pickpocket doing the job. They were unable to warn me because they saw that the pickpocket is bringing a knife. Besides, an hour already passed when I realized my wallet was picked, hence screaming is no longer necessary. I need to be more careful next time in order to avoid pickpockets or hooks. Wait, avoiding pickpockets or hooks is no fun. Being careful is a primary task. 


0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2016 My Regency | Business | Law | Real Estate | Lifestyle | Fashion | Travel | My Regency | Karen Ezine

Get your own free Blogoversary button!personal blogs - blogcatalog blog directory