Fashion and Styling Tips

Fashion and Styling Tips
Be the first to know about the latest fashion trends, celebrity fashion, tips and posh style pieces. Stay updated!

Find Best Restaurants

Find Best Restaurants
This blog include posts about fine dining, restaurant review, cooking and more. Dine with Karence!

Real Estate and Lifestyle

Real Estate and Lifestyle
It's about the Real Estate industry and house designs, interesting luxurious properties, and interior design.

.

.
About real estate, food, travel, fashion and other lifestyle topics

Kim Nam Gil and His Meteoric Rise To Stardom

| 14 April 2010
As a regency blogger, I always feature successful people who reign in their own field of endeavor after several attempts of proving themselves that they cam make it. This time, we will give Kim Nam Gil his part of the spotlight. Kim Nam Gil is a Korean star who was previously known as Lee Han. In 2008, he decided to use his real name as his stage name and continued penetrating the entertainment industry. His television shows include Be Strong Geum Soon, Goodbye Solo, Lovers, When Spring Comes, Several Questions That Make Us Happy, Terroir, Queen Seon Deok, and Bad Guy. He also worked as an actor for movies such as Low Life, Don't Look Back, No Regrets, Modern Boy, Portrait of a Beauty, Kang Jul Chung: Public Enemy 1-1, Hand Phone, and Lovers Vanished.

Kim Nam Gil gained his meteoric rise to stardom when he played the role of Bidam in The Great Queen Seon Deok drama series. Behind the success of Queen Seon Deok, Kim Nam Gil received several awards such as Best Newcomer Award during the latest Baeksang Awards, Best Couple Award with Lee Yo Won and Male Excellence Award at the latest MBC Drama Awards. From then on, he received several offers for commercials, television shows, and other entertainment spotlights. Kim Nam Gil also promoted coffee brand BABA with a twist in his character in Queen Seon Deok. Aside from that, Kim Nam Gil also recorded Can't I Love You to express some feelings out of his character as Bidam for the television series Queen Seon Deok. Kim Nam Gil and his meteoric rise to stardom is amazing since he did it with charm and gratitude in mind. In addition, Kim Nam Gil's last television series Bad Man saddened most of his fans. He will start his mandatory military service for two years this coming June. 

In some of Kim Nam Gil's interviews, he provided these witty and notable answers:

- I came to the US to do a photo shoot for a French fashion magazine. I was very excited because this is my first trip to America. The first stop was Las Vegas, which we used as a shoot location. We also shot at the Grand Canyon.

- At home in Korea, I have been active with an organization that helps children who suffer from multiple handicaps. They truly need special attention and we need to make sure they aren’t overlooked.

They said that Bi-dam, unlike other characters who would be fully explained from the beginning of the story, would suddenly appear and make himself understood in just two episodes. So they told me a lot about how he lived his life, how he grew up and everything in general, but I increasingly thought he was like a character from comics. I had been wondering what sort of image he had but “Slam Dunk” came across my mind because I had read it sometime around then.

- My mind will be at peace when I’m working when my family is happy and my fan page is where people who enjoy my acting or the dramas or films I worked on gather. So if I think of my fan page as my house, I’m the head of the household. That’s why I call myself ‘dad’, my female fans ‘daughters’ and male fans ’sons’ but I’ve recently gained more sons with “Seon-deok”. My own dad came up to me and said, “If they’re your sons, am I your son too?”




 





6 comments:

{ Krincess Carl } at: April 14, 2010 at 7:32 PM said...

for the record

Anonymous at: April 18, 2010 at 5:13 AM said...

I love his acting.

{ Krincess Carl } at: April 18, 2010 at 7:41 PM said...

me too, he was able to play the character well without having to sacrifice consistency

Anonymous at: May 13, 2010 at 12:56 AM said...

Great actor is Kim Nam Gil. Would love to see his future projects...with a happy ending. Hope he could team up again with Lee Yo-won.

{ Krincess Carl } at: May 13, 2010 at 4:40 PM said...

bad man is interesting!

{ Emmrie } at: June 26, 2010 at 11:54 AM said...

I fell inlove with Bidam. He is so interesting. And I love how he expresses his angst. And I also love how he expresses his love and loyalty. I wish I could have a man like that.

 

Copyright © 2016 My Regency | Business | Law | Real Estate | Lifestyle | Fashion | Travel | My Regency | Karen Ezine

Get your own free Blogoversary button!personal blogs - blogcatalog blog directory